Tuesday, August 27, 2013

When did going outside naked become ok?

Ok, I know I'm not the only one who cringes when they see certain trends that simply will not fade away no matter how terrible they are.  There are many fads and fashion-no's out there but one that has been grinding my gears lately is this au-naturale look that has been on the runways the last few years.  And you know runway is one thing but people are starting to think its ok to show up at events like this! Why must we leave the house with naked faces? Why? It's offensive!


I was compelled to speak on this when I saw the latest lookbook from H&M.  The guests at the fall/winter 2013 fashion show in Paris all looked as if they had rolled out of bed around noon and got a last minute invite to a 1pm fashion show. Yes, I know for most celebs a fashion show is just another thing on the to-do list, so spending hours in hair and makeup for every event isn't possible.  But everyone on the page had on little to no makeup, tussled hair and blah outfits.  


In other news I want everyone to know it is ok to NOT have natural hair. Being natural isn't for everyone and just like it did in the early 80's it will go out of style.  For some ladies being natural is a lifestyle and a preference, not a fad and you are the exception. But the rest of you bandwagoners will be back on straight hair as soon as everyone else starts to have creamy crack relapses. And that's fine too.  I've been natural for 3.5 years and I'm tired.  I have put too much energy into this hair of mine, and it's just hair. Im done.

No comments:

Post a Comment